You may have noticed that HRH has been a wee silent this last week. Not because I have little to say – heaven forbid that – but, instead, I’ve been very, very busy. My partner and I have been prepping to release one script to market; I’ve been prepping a solo piece to release. Plus, we’re wrapping up a third. I have deemed this spring Scribbleathon 2011. Thus far I have:
- Released a horror script. Three producers, one director, one manager. One of the three has proposed a for hire meeting/discussion.
- Executed a page one rewrite of a solo piece, and passed it onto a manager for thoughts/consideration.
- Guest blogged a beat-sheet breakdown of THE FIGHTER at the Save the Cat! website.
- Coming up on completion of a comedy – a co-write project with my partner.
- Drafted out a beat sheet for a high-octane female centric thriller.
- Begun world building on my YA novel.
- Prep for meetings next week. And, the week after.
It’s all about setting – and achieving – GOALS.
I am quite cognizant of the nature of this business. Hollywood is perpetually in motion. Projects pop up – and tumble down – like strip malls in Covina. It’s crucial to one’s career that you be able to keep up (in theory) with some of this pace. Having several projects to talk about is vital to longevity – or so I am told.
And – do you see me crowing about any contracts/agreements/representation, etc.? No. Just another week of work.
Hope next Friday is donut day.
Note from the exhausted: be sure to take your Vitameatavegamin.
For those of you wanting more profound advice, check out Sex in a Submarine’s William Martell’s ScriptTips. Published daily, this blog sports nuggets chock full of wisdom. My favorite as of late revolves around how to write the ensemble cast.
Soooo, I’ve a busy writing day ahead of me. I’m going to grab my cape , load up with coffee (after a three-year absence, I’ve once again welcomed caffeine as a food group) and avoid everything Krypton. See you on the other side.
Now, go write.
HRH, Princess Scribe
What I am reading: Various drafts of THE FIGHTER in prep for today’s blog. Fascinating to see how the story began… and what it was transformed into.
What I am watching: Still catching up from a year in bed. THE TOWN, LEAVES OF GRASS and PUMPKIN for starters. Will try to catch THE ADJUSTMENT BUREAU in theatres.